1. Amazon.com is one of the largest online retailers in the world. This company was started in 1994 by Jeff Bezos (and his first employee) from a garage. It grew from such humble beginnings, to earn great trust from consumers and brand recognition. I am an avid shopper of this website and it has certainly gained my trust and admiration! Amazon.com sells products to consumers but it allows regular individuals and companies to sell on the Amazon platform. They take a commission for every sale made through individual sellers. They also offer Amazon FBA, which stands for Fulfillment by Amazon.com.
This website is comparable to eBay’s website, but the last time I checked, Amazon.com was considered the largest online retailer in the world. Whenever a customer buys something from a merchant, amazon.com processes the payment and deposits the money into the merchant’s amazon account. The payment can then be transferred by the merchant to a bank account.
2. You can earn commissions through the Amazon Associates Program. It is their affilliate program, which basically allows you to earn money by promoting other people’s or company’s products. You would sign up for the program at Amazon.com and once approved you can put your affilliate links on the internet. When a person clicks through your affilliate link and makes a purchase, you are then paid a commission. Their commission starts out very low at only 4%, though.
3. Complete Human Intelligence Tasks (HITs) at Amazon Mechanical Turks at www.mturk.com. This is a crowd sourcing section of Amazon Web Services, where someone places a request for workers (or Turkers) to perform tasks for a set amount of money determined by the requester. The tasks are usually low-paying, tedious and easy to complete. A human being must be available to complete the tasks, so that the tasks can’t be automated. An example of a task that might be requested on M-turk, is checking for incorrect addresses in an internet listing. Workers are paid after the requester deposits funds which go to the worker’s Amazon payments account.
4. Create an e-book and sell it through Kindle Direct Publishing: You can self publish a book on this platform and sell it as a digital downloadable copy for Amazon Kindle e-reader. This is an inexpensive, great route to go for a little known author. The author keeps more of the profits compared to royalities that an author would receive through traditional publishing. You can also sell your e-book through other methods and portals (i.e. Facebook, your own website, etc. ).
5. Get your book in print on Create Space: This is a website owned by Amazon, which allows authors to design, print a book on demand and distribute it at a reasonably low cost. It is free to register for this website and there are both free and professional (paid) tools and services available to print a book on demand. Authors earn a royalty when a copy of their book is sold. There are also services available for musicians and film makers to sell products through CreateSpace.
6. Set up an A-store: You pick the Amazon products that you want listed in your customized A-store. When a customer purchases a product through the store, you earn a comission. This feature works best when incorporated as part of a niche website, rather than standalone. You can also set up your own e-commerce website using Amazon Web Services for hosting. You will not be paid directly through Amazon.com. It is a platform that allows you to earn money through your own ingenuity, by designing your own website.
There are a number of other ways to make money with Amazon.com, but these are the ways that I can think of at this moment. I will post more about this in the future.
© Copyright 2014 Susan Broadbelt