The entire look and feel of the website was revamped. Here are some of the major changes that occurred. In general the changes have made the website more enjoyable and easier to navigate.
1. The dislike button was eliminated. That’s cool, since I didn’t hate on or troll other members like that. If I don’t like someone’s post, then I just move on to another one. Some people were abusing it.
2. Members can no longer like or dislike comments.
3. Bubblews added the ability to delete comments. Yay! Members are more empowered to get rid of people who leave spam or idiotic comments.
4. They limited the ability to edit posts. The option to edit posts is only open for a short while, although I can’t be sure how long. I wanted to update some old posts but that option is no longer available.
5. It now takes about 30 days to get your money after cashing out. It used to be around 72 hours after hitting the redeem button that you would receive an e-mail notification about your payment. Then, members were supposed to receive their payments within about five business days after that e-mail. Bubblews started having problems with delayed payments to members. Hopefully, this will give them a chance to get caught up with paying their members.
6. The website moves much faster now, with fewer errors and less downtime. The 504 error is a thing of the past. It is now easier to leave comments, without double posting them.
7. It is easier to upload pictures from Pixabay. Members can search through Pixabay for free images in the public domain to put on their Bubblews posts.
8. The notifications page is improved. It is broken down into different tabs, with a tab for “likes ” received on your posts and a tab dedicated to comments left on your posts. The confusing “commented on your comment” thread in the notifications was removed.
9. They removed the ability for members to leave comments on another member’s profile page. I was happy about this, since the comments cluttered the profile page and most of the comments were spam.
10. It seems that spammers and plagiarists have dramatically decreased. I think that Bubblews staff will eventually weed out all of most of them as they continue to refine their system. The other members are taking a stand by deleting the spam and reporting members who violate the rules.
11. Many members are complaining that their earnings have decreased, while others are saying that their earnings have increased. My overall earnings per post have dropped a little. I haven’t quite figured out what I need to do to get it back up.
12. Members can no longer hog the front page of Bubblews for days at a time. Now, more members have a better shot at getting their posts on the front page of Bubblews for at least 10 minutes.
13. Bubblews removed the categories. People are compensating for this by using more tags. The “+” and dashes are used for tagging words and phrases. “&” is used to tag another member in a post or comment.
14. Some of the interlinks and tags disappeared in older posts. This is a glitch that will probably be fixed.
15. The archive wasn’t great before. Now it has gone from bad to worse. I don’t know how to easily access many of my old posts. If I run a title search with their search tool, I may or may not find some of my old posts.
16. The like icon is now a star. When you click it to like a post, the star turns yellow.
17. The bank is cute now. It displays how much earnings are currently there and how much you have to earn before the next redemption.
18. I think that their referral program is gone. I don’t see any information on the site regarding the program. I don’t have access to my referral link.
19. Some Bubblews members are reporting that they were paid some of their missing redemptions.
20. Views to posts and earnings per post aren’t as predictable. Some of my newly published posts are making less than $.50 after the first few days published. But, other posts perform much better and earn much more. It is hit or miss in trying to figure out the types of posts that will earn more money now.